Fort No. 1, Point Lévy, PQ

Fort No. 1, Parade Ground

Fort No. 1, Parade Ground

History: Built between 1865 and 1872 on the south shore of the St. Lawrence, Fort No. 1 was one of three detached forts integrated into the fortifications of Québec. The forts were intended to fight off American invaders travelling via the Grand Trunk Railway from Maine to the city of Lévis. The invasion never occurred. Here is a link to a Wikipedia article about the fort. Here is a link to a FortWiki article.
Location: 41 Chemin du Gouvernement, Lévis, QC G6V 7B1
GPS: 46.814766, -71.157980
Rolling Bridge 19th Century British mortar Historical Marker
Rolling Bridge 19th Century British mortar Historical Marker
 
Explanation of Rolling Bridge Artillery tools Grapeshot
Explanation of Rolling Bridge Artillery tools Grapeshot
 
The Casemates The Ditch The Terreplein
The Casemates The Ditch The Terreplein

Back

Copyright © CCI Images